Prepare for Interview
Here are a few things to consider when preparing for an interview:
- Research the company and the position 🔍: It’s important to know as much as you can about the company and the specific job you are applying for. This will help you tailor your answers to the interviewer’s questions and show that you are genuinely interested in the position.
- Practice common interview questions 📚: In addition to preparing your introduction and discussing your strengths and weaknesses, it can be helpful to practice answering common interview questions such as “Give me your introduction. Why do you want to work for this company?” and “Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge and how you overcame it.”
- Review your CV ✍️: If the interview is in person, then bring a copy of your CV to the interview, and be prepared to discuss your relevant experience and accomplishments.
- Dress appropriately 👕: It is important to dress in a professional and neutral manner for your interview. This means avoiding clothing that displays any affiliations or support for specific organizations or causes. If your interview will be conducted virtually, make sure to have good audio and visual quality and a suitable background. It is also important to ensure that you have a stable internet connection and a charged device with a mobile data plan as backup in case of any connectivity issues before the interview begins.
- Plan to arrive on time ⏰: Make sure to arrive at the interview location with plenty of time to spare, so that you can settle in and mentally prepare for the interview.
- Follow the interviewer’s lead 🤝: If the interviewer asks you to sit, wait until they indicate where you should sit before taking a seat.
- Be honest if you don’t know an answer 🙅♂️💯: If you are asked a question that you are unsure of, it is okay to say “I don’t know”. You can follow up by mentioning that you haven’t had the chance to work on that particular topic, but that you’re willing to learn if given the opportunity. You can also express your desire to learn more about the topic.
- Follow up on questions you couldn’t answer 📩🔍: If you were unable to answer a question during the interview, consider following up with the interviewer at the end of the interview to provide more information. Besides salary, focus more on career growth, in which direction company is heading to, mission etc.
- Show appreciation 🙏: At the end of the interview, thank the interviewer for their time and express your enthusiasm for the position. Let them know that if given the opportunity, you would be dedicated to the role.
Got a call from HR. Want to learn more about how to select a right company? I am publishing a blog soon, no worries.